A buy-side client required a solution to manage early-stage syndicate deal pipeline activity (commitments, allocations, primary trading), secondary market trading and settlement, and deal or facility restructuring events, all with great efficiency, framed within the Everest (Black Mountain Systems) environment.
Implement a solution to:
- Capture and manage all early-stage syndication activities, such as:
- Lender commitment offers and lender allocations
- Order management across portfolio management teams
- Manage secondary market trading and settlement supporting functions, such as:
- Applying methodologies around custom secondary market allocation models
- Validating trade lifecycle process steps
- Creating customized trade reporting and notifications
- Applying credit analytics to determine asset exposure, in relation to secondary trade positions
- Streamline secondary market trading settlement, by:
- Developing blotter- and calendar-style settlement tracking mechanisms to monitor trade lifecycle status
- Streamlining settlement processes by delegating to external parties (middle office service providers), as well as ensuring sufficient transparency on Everest to be able to monitor status
- Developing integration with external settlement services (e.g. Markit Clear) via flat files or XML
- Designing trade settlement documentation access points within trade records in Everest
- Understanding the transformation methodology and mechanisms for data exchanged between the order management system (Everest) and other internal and external systems (loan servicing platform, Markit Clear, etc.)
- Secondary market allocation models
- Trade validation and reporting
- Credit analytics and event notifications
Process Change Management
Processes changed significantly and the transition required active management, due to the following:
- Streamlining the order management process
- Delegating specific settlement processes to external parties.
Consulting and Project Management
- Provide insights into the design, development, and execution of the solution.
- Coordinate implementation efforts, communication, and procedural development for staff.
- Ensure completeness of testing and delivery of solution.
- Design approach informed by TenDelta’s decades-long firsthand experience developing solutions within OMS environments.
- Development driven by a profound knowledge of the syndicated loan space, from a buy-side perspective.
- Deep understanding of data transformation and process optimization, as well as system integration.
TenDelta designed, developed, and delivered a solution that exceeded client expectations, on time and within budget. Processes were streamlined, and workflows made more efficient. The solution also provided more meaningful business intelligence to decision-makers. The client has utilized TenDelta’s expertise for numerous subsequent projects.